Electronic Form I-9 & E-VERIFY
According to a recent Society of Human Resource Management Magazine article, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) will aggressively audit employer's I-9 processes and completed forms for compliance in the coming years. ICE officials have determined that audits are more effective and less disruptive than employer raids. There were 2,500 audits in 2011, a five-fold increase in just three years. The number of audits are expected to continue this growth pattern. Additionally, federal and state legislators seek to make E-Verify mandatory for employers. E-Verify is already mandatory in a number of states. TABB INC. provides an easy solution to the I-9 and E-Verify process and best of all, at no cost to the employer.
Without effective assistance in maintaining the balance between employing a legal workforce and avoiding discrimination, employers are vulnerable to fines, lawsuits and other serious penalties. Compliance is particularly challenging for companies with multiple worksites and temporary foreign employees. Employers are responsible for problems resulting from changes in law as well as the varied knowledge and judgment of employees responsible for completing the forms and reviewing documents for genuineness and relationship to the new hire who has presented them. TABB INC.’s unique process enables accurate online creation of failsafe I-9 forms. The system is far more than a web-based form filler. Our digital I-9 form is governed by multiple rules that apply to individual data fields. Some of these rules are enforced across several fields, both within and across Sections of the I-9. Our I-9 and E-Verification Solution is an automated compliance system to provide a truly comprehensive audit on demand.
Our web-based system guides the employer representative quickly and easily through the familiar I-9 form. Error Rules, Alerts and Tips associated with specific fields provide thorough guidelines for the completion of the form, answering questions when needed and allowing for timely error resolution during completion of the form. I-9 forms cannot be signed until all curable errors are eliminated, including omission errors, logic errors, correlation errors, and formatting errors. All outstanding errors are compiled into reports so that management is aware of the status of a non-compliant I-9 form.
The system captures and stores electronic signatures, resulting in a completely paperless Form I-9 process. Our software automatically and seamlessly interfaces with the E-Verify to verify that there is a match between a person's SSN and name, that the person's citizenship status is correct, and he or she is eligible for work. The response for verification is almost immediate. The I-9 and E-Verify Solution solves problems that compliance-minded employers have experienced since the initial implementation of the government's employment eligibility verification rules in 1987. Our Electronic Form I-9 verification service is secure, economical, easy-to-use, and most importantly, accurate.
Benefits of the Electronic I-9 and E-Verify Solution
· Eliminates errors and omissions as each Form I-9 is completed.
· Provides tips and alerts to flag exceptions and eliminate confusion while the I-9 form is prepared.
· Prevents fraud and typing errors and prohibits creation of an incomplete Form I-9.
· Compares Form I-9 information with the Department of Treasury OFAC list of aliens "blocked" from U.S. employment.
· Compares Form I-9 Section 1 information, the employee’s identity, with the SSA and Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program. A confirmation number will be issued to you from the SSA and DHS to document the employee’s name, date of birth and social security number matches information with these agencies.
· All documents with future expiration dates that must be updated trigger email notifications in advance with standard emails being delivered, 180, 90, 60, 30 and 0 days before they expired. All documents with future expiration dates that must be updated trigger email notifications in advance with standard emails being delivered, 180, 90, 60, 30 and 0 days before they expired.
· Captures electronic signatures ("click to accept", PIN, keypad signatures).
· Retains Form I-9 records electronically at centralized location, with full compliance.
· Provides backup for paper Form I-9 records that are lost or destroyed.
· Existing Form I-9s and supporting documentation can be scanned and attached to electronic system, and paper Form I-9s can then be destroyed.
· Accommodates changes in law as soon as they are effective.
· Provides standardized reporting and the flexibility to generate unique reports from Form I-9 data, functionality that typically is not available from other sources.
· Data for existing employees’ (Historical) I-9 forms can be audited to determine Form I-9 risk.